The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is an intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation.
The Accelerator kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming at the University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, Feb. 25-March 2, 2018. ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year; the program culminates with a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
In addition to learning leadership skills and tools for navigating change, participants will focus on a challenge specific to their careers, whether an obstacle to overcome or an aspirational goal to achieve, either within their organizations or as an independent project.
The tuition-free program is open to 25 promising women leaders. Applicants should have leadership experience, which can mean managing people or projects, and be fully committed to further developing their skills.
Applications opened Nov. 8, 2017, for the 2018 Women’s Leadership Accelerator and will close Nov. 30, 2017. The program is open to all women working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists around the world. Review the application requirements for the 2018 program and see the FAQ.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from some of the top women leaders in digital journalism, Feb. 25-March 2, 2018 at USC Annenberg.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the Online News Association Conference in Austin, TX, Sept. 13-15, 2018.
- Workshops tailored to the needs of the cohort, including a half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA18.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
2017 Speakers and Mentors
Speakers and mentors for the 2018 program will be announced soon. The 2017 Accelerator connected the cohort to a range of prominent speakers and mentors, including:
Program Design + Co-facilitators
To apply, visit the official website here.