SLH initiative started as a blog on May 22, 2017
In 2017, prompted by requests from friends and acquaintances, Olubunmi Fajuyigbe designed shelearnshere.com as a blog where her friends and social media followers could get access to information and upcoming business events, funding, and other opportunities.
She subsequently started sharing business and digital skills tips, tutorials, and advice gathered through her few years as a business owner. She also invited friends to share their experiences too.
That same year, as a CSR project under her business, MF8 wellness and events, she formed a small team of volunteers for She Learns Here and started organizing training programs in business and digital skills, both virtually and physically.
She Learns Here was subsequently registered as a non-governmental organization in July 2019 with a board of trustees with diverse skills and combined experience of about 60 years.
She Learns Here initiative for skills empowerment is a registered non profit organization in Nigeria whose aims and objectives are as follows:
1. To provide women and children with the awareness for education and skill acquisition.
2. To provide leadership capacity development and participation for marginalized groups including women and children.
3. To create and provide opportunities for women to act as agents of social change through capacity building and advocacy.
4. To assist in the creation of employment and wealth to the youth in an effort to reduce poverty in Nigeria.
5. To create awareness on the health and general well being of women and girls by facilitating their access to information and clinical services on malaria, sexual and reproductive health and rights
6. To provide motivational, emotional strategic support and mentorship for young girls to succeed in life.
7. To promote environmental sustainability and enlightenment on climate change amongst women in the urban and rural areas.
8. To network with other organizations with similar aims and objectives.