Africa Innovates for the SDGs is a new award for African social innovators with exceptional ideas and initiatives linked to any of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Co-Chair of the Group of Eminent Advocates for the SDGs and President of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, launched the award for a new generation of early-stage social innovators in Africa who are solving pressing problems in the SDG focus areas. The award will put a spotlight on the winning SDG innovators and raise awareness around their work.
Open to innovators from any one of Africa’s countries, Africa Innovates for the SDGs will recognize and award exceptional early-stage African innovation that solves key challenges linked to the Sustainable Development Goals. The winners will be awarded the grand prize and have their work showcased at an international level, helping them to expand their work.
Basic eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of any African country or a resident in any African countries for a minimum of 3 consecutive years.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older.
The solutions submitted to Africa Innovates for the SDGs must:
- Be unique, new and innovative.
- Clearly contribute to one or more of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
- Have already been tested or have proven impact.
- Have the potential to create strong and meaningful impact on society especially for large numbers of people.
Applications must be received by September 7, 2018.
To learn more about Africa innovates for the SDGs, Click here.
To apply, Click here